Who We Are
- Scholarships are limited and based on several factors including:
- Have “good” dental hygiene practices.
- Must be enrolled in school with a C average or above GPA.
- Must have a social impediment or moderate/severe need for braces.
- Applicants are children or young adults (age can vary per provider).
- Family income of no more than 200% of the federal poverty level (may vary per provider).
- Must follow and abide by the treatment plan set forth by the orthodontist.
- Should demonstrate a willingness to get involved in the community through volunteer service. Some orthodontists may require 20 hours of volunteer service.
- Must have positive letters of recommendation from at least two community leaders or teachers.
- Be willing to/follow through with paying the non-refundable $20 Application Fee and an $480 Investment Fee (per child).
To apply for a scholarship, please go to www.SmileForALifetime.org and click on the Apply for Braces link to get started. Scholarships are handled through the National Smile for a Lifetime Foundation office.
For more information about a scholarship, please call the national office at 323-726-8300.
Please remember that the application process can take up to 5 months. Incomplete applications will not be submitted for review.