Who We Are
My LA Braces Orthodontics has teamed up with the Smile for a Lifetime Foundation to provide orthodontic scholarships to children and young adults who normally could not afford treatment. Dr. Shahab Parsa donates this service to children in his local community along with one set of retainers after treatment is complete.
- Scholarships are limited and based on several factors including:
- Have “good” dental hygiene practices.
- Must be enrolled in school with a C average or above GPA.
- Must have a social impediment or moderate/severe need for braces.
- Applicants are children or young adults (age can vary per provider).
- Family income of no more than 200% of the federal poverty level (may vary per provider).
- Must follow and abide by the treatment plan set forth by the orthodontist.
- Should demonstrate a willingness to get involved in the community through volunteer service. Some orthodontists may require 20 hours of volunteer service.
- Must have positive letters of recommendation from at least two community leaders or teachers.
- Be willing to/follow through with paying the non-refundable $20 Application Fee and an $480 Investment Fee (per child).
To apply for a scholarship, please go to www.SmileForALifetime.org and click on the Apply for Braces link to get started. Scholarships are handled through the National Smile for a Lifetime Foundation office.
For more information about a scholarship, please call the national office at (719) 535-2777.
Please remember that the application process can take up to 5 months. Incomplete applications will not be submitted for review.